Why Social Media?
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn – each of these platforms can be a rich source of potential leads when leveraged correctly.
- Currently, there are well over 3 billion users across all major social platforms, making social media a virtual treasure trove of prospects.
- Advertising on social media is relatively inexpensive and can drastically increase visibility in a short period of time.
Social Media Marketing with Digital Details
The first step in effectively marketing a medical practice on social media is determining where the practice’s ideal patients congregate. Depending on the practice’s demographic, one social platform may be more appropriate than another, so market research is critical.
Once the proper channel(s) are identified, Digital Details employs a multifaceted approach:
- Sharing content from medical journals and general info found on consumer sites like WebMD
- In some cases paying a fee to get the message to the top for more exposure
- Measuring and tracking performance against predetermined goals (e.g. more patient appointments)
Contact us for more informationContact us for more information
Social Media Can Be Tricky
When appropriate social channels have been identified, doctors can establish themselves as authoritative thought leaders by posting informative, useful and engaging content. Keep in mind that posting must occur with a high degree of regularity for this approach to gain traction. Social media can be tricky and sometimes fickle, so expert advice is critical here.